The Goodland Outlook
Edition 20—April 21, 2015
This edition is to notify you about a Goleta Water District Meeting this Thursday to review proposed changes in water rates. The public is invited to attend and comment.
Also, this edition is to provide updates on some major Goleta developments in West Goleta, some approved and some about to be proposed.
It’s not too late to provide your input on some projects – the City needs to hear from us. See contact information at the bottom.
ATTENTION: GOLETA WATER RATE HEARING (4/22) Water rates are going up! Goleta Water District wants the input of the community. Let your voice be heard! Here’s an announcement from the Goleta Water District (GWD) about an imminent meeting regarding increased water rates. The same announcement appears on the Goleta Water District page: link.
Attend the meeting if you want input on how water rate increases should be determined. Special Board Meeting – Cost of Service Study and Drought Surcharge Rates Update and Drought Surcharge Selection April 22, 2015 5:30pm Goleta Union School District, 401 N. Fairview Ave. The public is invited to attend and comment.
Some major projects approved in the City of Goleta
- Rincon Palms Hotel (Hilton) This is an approved, two story, 138 room hotel that will be located on the corner of Hollister and Storke.
- Westar Project The Westar project is under construction across Hollister from the Camino Real Marketplace. When completed, it will be a big commercial center combined with 271 residential units.
- Villages at Los Carneros This is a 466 unit residential development. It will be located at the just south of the 101 freeway and just west of Los Carneros.
- Cortona Apartments 176 residential units. It will be located just south of 101 between Los Carneros and Storke Road.
Some major projects proposed in the City of Goleta
- Willow Springs III (Heritage Ridge) This is a proposed 360 unit residential development just south of the 101 freeway and east of Los Carneros. The city will have a scoping hearing on this project on April 29 at 5PM at City Hall.
- Shelby Residential Project The project includes a development of 64 single-family houses on a 14.38-acre parcel currently zoned for agriculture in Goleta’s General Plan. They will range in size from 1,765 sq. ft. to 3,063 sq. ft. This is located at 7400 Cathedral Oaks (near Evergreen Drive). The Environmental Impact Report has been circulated. Once the EIR is approved, the developer will apply to Goleta’s Planning Commission for approval. After that, the developer will have to apply to Goleta’s City Council to amend Goleta’s General Plan that has zoned this property for agriculture.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE CITY OF GOLETA
To email Goleta’s City Council Members, Planning Commission Members, City Manager, Director of Planning and Planning Manager, click on the addresses below: Michael Bennett; Paula Perotte; Roger Aceves; Tony Vallejo; Jim Farr. T. Dressler; G. Jenkins; J. Solomon; E. Onnen; M. West; M. Green. J. Carmen.